Monday, October 14, 2013

Chrysanthemum and Idioms

Hi Ya'll,
 It has been a while since I blogged.  Thank goodness for my buddy Lisa otherwise our blog would never have anything new posted.  But she inspired me to take some pictures of my hallway display.  We finally got our Chrysanthemum response finished.  On the left of each student page is a letter that their parents wrote them to explain why they chose their name.  Some of them are very touching.  This is the first year that all of my students turned in a letter.  On the right of the page, the students wrote an acrostic poem with their names.  This year's class is amazing and did such a wonderful job.

In honor of Halloween I had my students think of all the idioms with the words dead, die or death.  As you can see they came up with some really good idioms.  We had a blast doing this activity (laughed a lot!)  We typed them up, illustrated them and made them into tombstones.  We will be hanging this up with our haunted house stories in the next few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment