Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Questionnaire Linky Party

I've finally jumped on this bandwagon found the time to join in on this fun linky=)



http://fabulousinfirst.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-questionnaire.html
Hot Chocolate or Eggnog? 
Hot chocolate all the way. I made my students peppermint mocha hot chocolate because it is my favorite=) 

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them underneath the tree?
Santa always wrapped our gifts when I was little and he still does. Even though my kids are 18, 23 and 23 (my adopted daughter included), he still wraps their gifts.

Colored lights or white?
I have always used white lights on the house. This year I thought I would try something different so I got rid of the barely working white icicle lights that we have used for a decade. I took the kids shopping for new lights. I thought we should kick it up a notch, try something a little crazy and dangerous. When I suggested colored lights, the kiddos almost had a meltdown.
Needless to say, white lights it is!

When do you decorate?
I used to decorate over Thanksgiving break, but now that the kids are in college, it just depends when everybody is home. My daughter is studying in China for 5 weeks and I'm sad to say I haven't had the desire to decorate the whole house. 

Real or Fake Tree?
We have always had fake trees except for a couple of years when we actually cut down our own tree. 

What Tops Your Tree?
A beautiful tin angel that my mom made me a few years ago. The angel is so gorgeous and special that I keep it displayed all year long.

Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?
When my children were little, I bought them each their own Christmas tree for their bedrooms. They chose their own ornaments and we made ornaments.  I would leave their trees lit up all night and it was all so magical.
When I was little, I loved all of the ornaments my mom would make. She is a retired arts and crafts teacher and she would make all of her own ornaments, nativity pieces, and Christmas villages. I loved it as a child  and I still do.

Do you remember your favorite gift as a child?
A Wonder Woman barbie doll. I loved the t.v. show and the cartoon. I waited all year for that present and my mom Santa did not disappoint.

Do you prefer giving or receiving?
I love giving gifts, especially homemade gifts from the heart.


What is your favorite Christmas song? 
The Little Drummer Boy. When my son was in 6th grade, he got to play this song as a solo on his cello. It was amazing and will always be my favorite.


Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum? 
I love to use them to stir my hot chocolate. Not all of the time, just sometimes=)
 
Favorite Christmas Movie?
I love to laugh so my favorite is A Muppet's Christmas Carol.
 
Do you shop online or at stores?
Both.
 
Photo Cards, Letter or Store Bought Card?
Photo cards are my go to but I will use store bought.
 
That's all folks. Click on the link above to join Michelle's party or to just read up on other bloggers.   
 
~lisa    
     
 

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the linky party! I just got linked up today too. Oh, I'm all about some peppermint mocha/hot chocolate!
    Merry Christmas to you!

    Come by my blog for the party when you get a chance!
    Many Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I do love me some special flavored hot cocoa.

    ReplyDelete