Saturday, December 21, 2013

Five For Friday~December Style

Hello again!
This is what the month has felt like~





http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/

Our elf visited from the North Pole last Monday. The class decided to name her Ariel. They were so excited to see what she was up to every time we returned to the classroom. It was fantastic!
 

I bought stockings for my students. I decorated them with glue and glitter~Old School Style. I always forget to take pictures but they were so pretty. I found this image on google. This is what I started with!






This week was gingerbread week. We read many gingerbread stories. The kiddos were so cute as they chanted along. We really got into it, especially when the gingerbread object had to yell at the top of its lungs.  We read The Gingerbread Man, The Gingerbread Boy, The Gingerbread Girl, The Gingerbread Baby, The Gingerbread Cowboy, and The Gingerbread Bear. I still need to read The Gingerbread Pirates and The Gingerbread Man Goes to School.

 On Tuesday, the whole third grade made gingerbread houses with graham crackers, royal frosting that each teacher made, and candies. It was a blast! Parents were invited to come and help the children create their masterpieces.






This is probably why the week was so crazy~ we had a snowman stuffing party (of course, I forgot to take pictures), we stuffed stockings, I made them apple cinnamon ornaments shaped like a gingerbread baby, and I gave them dry erase boards. Friday was a half day so we watched The Muppets Christmas Carol and had peppermint mocha hot chocolate. We had already made gingerbread houses this week too!

4 comments:

  1. I found you on the Five For Friday link-up. When I was thinking of a blog name, I was thinking along the TGIF theme, too. Like they say, great minds think alike. The gingerbread theme is fun and different. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I always tell my students great minds think alike~ too funny. My gingerbread theme just gets bigger each year. It is working its way into January! I hope your holidays rock=)

      Delete
  2. I am glad I am not the only one who forgets to take pictures of fabulous ideas in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,
      Let's make a New Year's resolution this year~ take more pics.

      Delete