Sunday, November 23, 2014

Heat Energy

Happy Sunday morning!

Today, I wanted to share some more Science Fun from our classroom.

My third grade students have learned the states of matter and are now exploring energy. For an exciting Friday experiment, we used heat energy to create a tasty snack. Since it was cloudy and the temps were not cooperating, Tina suggested we use magnifying glasses to help our heat energy along. My friends were so excited to explore, predict, and learn. The snazzy snack that they created was a S'more!
They had fun figuring out how to direct the beam of light onto the piece of chocolate. When I asked how this related to states of matter, they replied with yells of- "solid to liquid". This teacher heart is very happy. Especially since I am So. Bad. At. Science.






No comments:

Post a Comment