Friday, July 5, 2013

About Tina

I am finally jumping in now that I have some free time this summer.  I have been busy babysitting my grandson and chauffering my son to baseball games and driver's ed.

This is will be my 21st year of teaching.  I taught fifth grade for one year and have been lucky enough to be in third for 19 years.  I began teaching in a dual language class.  I taught the English component of the curriculum for 7 years.  I loved it!  But I needed a change so I packed up and moved schools.  I was fortunate enough to get a third grade position at an AWESOME school where I met my very best friend, Lisa.  We have been together now for 13 years and we are inseparable.

Teaching is a family profession.  My husband, daughter, son-in-law, twin sister, 2 brother in-laws and a few nieces and nephews all teach.  You can imagine the discussions at holiday get-togethers.  I think my father started it all, he was a community college teacher for many years.

I am a very family oriented person.  Because most of my family members are teachers we spend a lot of time together during the holidays and summer.  I am a very lucky person!

No comments:

Post a Comment