Friday, July 12, 2013

Classroom Website

Hi all! This is Lisa blogging today.

Last Saturday,  I read the post by Ladybug's Teacher Files,  "Using a Blog/Website for Parent Information Night." It is part of Kristen's Optimum Organization Linky Party that she is hosting with Elizabeth from Fun in Room 4B. I have loved reading these tips on organization this summer.

In her post, Kristen discusses using a class website/blog for parent night and throughout the year. This is genius. Am I the only person who has not thought of this? Seriously. I have a class website on Weebly. The only problem is parents cannot subscribe to it. Blogger is blocked in our district so I need to use Weebly. At my last parent night, I made magnets with my info. for the parents. I included my email but not the class website . What was I thinking!!!!

This year I will utilize my website differently. In the past, it was just to showcase what the kiddos were learning during the day. This year, I will use it for parent night and all year with homework information, the schedule, our calendar, etc. At the end of last year, my kiddos began blogging about their learning. We will continue that and the showcase too! Maybe parents will even bookmark the website .

Here is Kristen's button if you would like to visit her post.

No comments:

Post a Comment